Careers @ PFS
Residential and Commercial Certified Plans Examiner
Summary: A plans examiner reviews modular residential and commercial building construction plans, calculations and specifications to determine their conformance with applicable State building codes and standards and recommends approval/disapproval.
Duties/Responsibilities: The plans examiner reviews complex plans, specifications, and engineering data for modular commercial and residential structure construction to determine compliance with specialized areas of applicable building codes, such as electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and structural and energy code requirements.
The plans examiner shall interpret provisions of the applicable building codes and provide assistance on the phone to modular clients regarding code language and interpretation. In addition, the plan examiner shall prepare reports and correspondences for the modular client to questions posed or arising from review of plans, calculations, and engineering data.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Residential and commercial modular building construction methods, practices and material
- Standard modular industry practice of engineering relating to building design and construction
- Applicable building codes and standards relative to residential and commercial structures
- Techniques of engineering analysis of plans, specifications and engineering data
- Structural engineering principles and design of wood frame and non-combustible modular construction; of the International Building Code, International Residential Code, International Energy Conservation Code and its related publications.
- Interpreting and applying ICC codes and modular construction standards
- Analyzing construction plans and specifications for compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Resolving discrepancies in construction plans and specifications with engineers and modular clients
- Assisting other staff in the application and interpretation of applicable codes and standards
- Preparation of routine , recurring plan review reports
- High school graduate or college graduate with a current certification by the International Code Council (ICC) as a Building Plans Examiner, either at the time of appointment or during the completion of a 12 month probation period, and 3 years of experience in residential and commercial plan review.
Depending on qualifications.
To apply, Please contact Robert Gorleski
e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (608.839.1393)
Summary: We are seeking a full time products auditor to perform quality assurance audits and product inspection in the midwest area.
Duties/Responsibilities: The product auditor will conduct onsite inspections of the PFS clients manufacturing facilities. They would perform quality control audits, review quality procedures, pull product samples for testing, witness product production and testing, and perform a review of quality control documentation. They would also attend trade shows and association meetings.
This position would require 60% to 80% travel
High school graduate or college degree (preferred)
Depending on years of experience, and educational background.
To apply, Please contact Ron Reindl